Check out this brand new Herbalife site for Ireland, a one stop shop to get all your healthy meals!
Make Clearly Define Goals with Realistic Time Plans
When you begin with your weight loss plan, make sure you make a precise target with a clear and realistic timeframe. Many people begin with a goal to quickly reach their ideal weight. This is very often an overly optimistic target, and can leave you feeling disheartened and even cause you to give up. So, try to set smaller, incremental goals. For example, set yourself a goal to lose 4kg in the next 4-6 weeks. When you achieve that goals, set yourself a new one.
Most people feel drastic improvements in their health and general wellbeing even with a 5-10% loss of there initial weight. For example, if your starting weight is 100kg, you will feel much better even when you lose 5-10kg, and you will definitely see the difference – even though you are not at your goal weight already.
Advice: Make gradual weight loss your goal, 0.5-1kg per week. For most people, the first 5-10% of weight reduction will give great results in terms of health benefits and how they feel. This usually 5-10kg. Herbalife is great for this because the simple meal plans allow you to track your progress with much accuracy.
Eat to Lose Weight
Try to eat healthy and balanced meals. For example, the Herbalife Formula 1 shake is a great and healthy meal, with only a fraction of the calories of junk food.
In short points, healthy food means:
– Include a lot of fibre in your meals. Foods rich in fibre include whole grain breads, pastas, rice, peas, beans, fruits and vegetables.
– Try to eat at least 5 types of different fruits and vegetables every day. You can eat that instead of foods that are greasy and rich in calories. For example, fruits can be a great healthy snack when you are hungry.
– Limit the consumption of fatty and greasy foods, such as meat, cheese, whole fat milk, fried food, butter etc. Use low-fat replacements whenever you can – for example skim milk or low-fat cheese. If you eat meat, make it fish or other types of lean meat, such as chicken breasts or turkey. Grill or boil you meals, don’t fry them (and definitely don’t deep fry them). If you do find yourself frying meat or vegetables, use olive oil.
– Avoid foods that have a high level of fats or sugars, such as fast food.
– Eat three meals per day and don’t skip meals. Always have breakfast! Chew your food slowly. Skipping meals only makes you more hungry, and the hungrier you are the more you think of food – making it much more likely that you will overeat for your next meal, or snack on something that is really not recommended.
– Try to not add salt to meals, and avoid foods that are too salty.
– Include 2-3 servings of fish per week. At least 2 of those fish meals should be “oily” fish, such as herring, sardines, salmon or tuna.